POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption : Re: [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:55:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [BUG] POVRay excessive memory consumption
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 24 Jan 2004 15:46:23
Message: <4012d99e@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:

> a height field, c) some other thing... You might have better luck
> convincing people

I do NOT want to convince anybody.
I just had that idea and implemented it (in a dirty way) for me
because I need it.
Just in the unlikely event that several people were saying
"Ah, I've been looking for that already", I would have considered
making a real patch from it and ask for inclusion.

> that filling the image, instead of simply clipping is
> better, if we had an example of what you are doing with it. ;)

http://www.cip.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~wwieser/render/img/mars/#landingspirit

BTW, I have to thank Christoph for the idea to make the angle of the
light sooo flat. (And my atmosphere is basically the earth rendering
atmosphere with red and blue components exchanged and absorption
removed ;)

Wolfgang